Somersworth Parks and Recreation Department offers a diversity of programs for all ages to meet the needs of residents and non-residents. The Recreation Department encourages wholesome and healthful use of leisure and recreation for the citizens of Somersworth. We hope you will discover and participate in many of the programs, events and trips that we offer.
Get Connected with us! Like “Somersworth Recreation” on Facebook to receive the latest Rec news, updates, and photos from our events and programs.
Attention: All Dog Owners
Please be aware that the City of Somersworth has a leash law that prohibits dogs from running at large. It is also required that all owners be prepared and clean up their dog’s excrement expeditiously in any public place or upon the property of any other person.
Save the dates~ November 12-January 21
*Please note gym times & locations are still being determined and are subject to change *
- Children in grades 1-6
- November 12-January 21 (**Please make note of this change**)
- Saturday mornings only- 8 sessions
- No Basketball 11/26, 12/24, 12/31 due to holiday weekends
- Now seeking volunteer coaches- please reach out to the Rec Dept. if you can help coach 603-692-9508
- Early Bird Fee (register by September 29)– $45 residents/ $55 non-residents
- Program Fee (after Sept. 29)- $60 residents/ $70 non-residents
*The deadline to register is October 28th or until program is full. Please contact the Rec Dept. to see if spaces are available.
– 2016/2017 Youth Travel Basketball Program –
Children in grades 3-6
Program cost- $50
– 2017 Biddy Basketball –
Save the dates~ January 28- March 11
- Children ages 3-6
- Saturday mornings only- 6 sessions
- No basketball 2/18 due to Frosty Tournament
- Parent participation is required for this program
- Early Bird Fee (Register by December 8th)- $45 residents/ $55 non-residents
- Fee (after Dec. 8th)- $60 residents/ $70 non-residents
- Ages 3 & 4 Coed- 8:00-8:45 a.m. @ Idlehurst
- Ages 5 & 6 Coed- 9:00-9:45 a.m. @ Idlehurst
- Please note gym times & location are subject to change
Check out the new Splash Pad located at Noble Pines Park!
ATTENTION: The Splash Pad closed on September 12th for the season. Thanks for another fun summer at the Pines!
Come beat the summer heat with Somersworth’s very own Splash Pad! The Splash pad will be open daily starting Mid-June through Labor Day from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, weather permitting.
Looking for a private park rental for a function or party?!
ATTENTION: Millennium Park will close on August 31, 2016 for scheduled park improvements. Rentals will not be permitted until April 2017.
Millennium Park is available for private one-day or two-day rentals on weekends from April to October. The park offers a softball field with lights, 12 horseshoe pits, 2 volleyball courts, electricity, bathroom facilities, 3 barbecue grills, a covered pavilion with 8 picnic tables, a small play structure and large parking lot. For more information on pricing and availability, call (603)-692-9508 . Millennium Contract