Welcome to Somersworth NH, a City with a proud history and a bright future. Conveniently located an hour north of Boston and just minutes from historic Portsmouth NH, Somersworth is a great choice for companies looking to start or expand their business. Whether you need to build a manufacturing facility, want to invest in the bustling commercial district or join our downtown retail merchants, we welcome the opportunity to show you why Somersworth is where you want to be.
We want to do business with you!
- Somersworth motto, “Proud Past, Bright Future” applies to our business climate. We continue to diligently carry on our two-century history of supporting the businesses in our City, and we want to share our bright future with you.
- Somersworth offers significant tax incentives for developing in the downtown area or in one of our Economic Revitalization Zones, and our helpful staff will assist you in navigating the application process.
- Competitively priced commercial and residential properties, paired with a variety of incentives and loan opportunities, allow new business ventures to retain the liquid capital necessary to begin production quickly.
- Nearby regional airports are available to meet business needs and recreational interests.
Let’s do business together! You bring the work and we’ll provide the workforce.
- University of NH located in our backyard (20 minutes) along with the growing and vibrant Great Bay Community College in Portsmouth (30 minutes) with their new Advanced Training & Academic Center just 10 minutes away provides a skilled workforce that embodies the New England work ethic.
- Somersworth’s Career Technical Center internship program helping businesses develop their future workforce.
- Big City amenities such as water and sewer, national retailers, public transportation and easy access to major highways, airports and hospitals with the convenience and feel of a small town.
We’re worth more than a summer – we’re worth a lifetime!
- Somersworth offers big City amenities such as water and sewer, national retailers, public transportation and easy access to majoy highways, airports, hospitals while maintaining the convenience and feel of a small town.
- Tax free shopping, an award-winning golf course The Oaks, state of the art fitness facility The Works Health Club, and numerous City parks provide excellent opportunities for relaxation during your leisure time.
- Miles of beautiful rocky Atlantic coastline and beaches, as well as crystal clear lakes, are only a short drive away, while Mt. Washington, the highest peak in the Northeast, is just a straight shot up the road. These natural assets consistently make New Hampshire as one of the country’s best place to live.
Our responsive and business-friendly staff are here to help you establish your business quickly and will be there to assist during all phases of operation. We welcome the opportunity to share our
Proud Past, Bright Future with you.
Director of Planning & Community Development
City of Somersworth
Working as a region to recruit new business. Visit our new regional website.