Bulky Waste and Freon Stickers are available for purchase (CHECKS ONLY) at the DPW facility, Bulky Waste stickers are $4.00/per sticker, Freon stickers are $10.00/per sticker. If you should have any questions about the following services available, regarding drop off or by special appointment with Public Works, please contact the Public Works Department during their normal office hours of 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
During Operation Hours (7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.), the following items can be dropped off:
- Used Oil: There is a 300 gallon tank marked “Used Oil” to dispose of resident’s used motor oil. You must pour the oil into the funnel on top of the tank and take the container with you.
- Used Car Batteries: Used car batteries will be accepted at the complex during the above-listed hours Monday thru Friday.
- Electronic Waste: Televisions, computers, printers, fax machines, copiers – first you must purchase a bulky waste sticker(s) at City Hall.
- Metal / White Goods: You can drop off old appliances such as stoves, microwave ovens, refrigerators, freezers, air conditions – first you must purchase a bulky waste sticker (s) and refrigerator removal sticker (if applicable) from City Hall.
Available to the Public:
- Corrugated Recycling Bins: At the complex entrance, there are four WMI dumpsters clearly marked for cardboard only. These containers are for larger pieces of cardboard that are not convenient to place curbside. Boxes must be flattened.
- Sand and Salt: On the right side of the Complex driveway is a small building marked “Sand and Salt for Residents Only”. Residents of Somersworth may fill up five gallon buckets with mix beginning November 1. During the winter season, this building contains a mixture of two parts sand to one part road salt. You must bring your own container and there is a 30′ walk to your vehicle.