Somersworth City Hall Closed to the Public
In light of the current developments in dealing with the COVID-19 virus, the City of Somersworth has determined it is in the best interest of both the Public and City Staff to close the Somersworth City Hall to the general public until further notice.
City Hall Hours will be Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm, Which will only be the drive-up window. The City intends to maintain essential services and will have staff working through this situation. In order to conduct City business, the public is encouraged to do the following:
Paying Utility Bills, Property Taxes, Other Bills. Register Motor Vehicles:
- Utilize the Drive-up Window in the Tax Office
- Visit our website and utilize our on-line payment option
- Use USPS mail service
- Purchase Blue bags, Bulky waste sticker, etc.
- For questions please call 692-9555
Building Permits, Electrical Permits, Assessing Requests, Property Exemptions, etc.
- Obtain the permit from our website, and file by e-mail to email@example.com
- Drop off plans, fees, other information for Code or Assessing by using the drive-up window in the Tax Office
- For questions please call 692-9520
Home Occupation, ADU, Sign Permits, Historic District Applications, Zoning Variances, Planning Board Applications
- Obtain the permit from our website, and file by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off plans, fees, other information for Planning by using the drive-up window in the Tax Office
- For questions please call 692-9519
Public Works -Trench Permits, Driveway Permits, Obstruction Permits.
- Obtain the permit from our website, and file by e-mail to email@example.com
- Drop off plans, other information for Public Works Permits by using the drive-up window in the Tax Office
- For questions please call 692-4266
All offices will be staffed during normal business hours and may be reached by phone and e-mail. For a complete list of contact information for staff at the Somersworth City Hall please visit our website at www.Somersworth.com , or call our main line at 692-4262 or City Manager’s office at 692-9503.
The City Library will be closed until further notice.
- Please visit the Library database for Tumblebook Library
Recreation Programs are cancelled until further notice
SAU 56 – Somersworth Schools year ended on May 29.
Residents looking for more information or with questions and concerns about the virus can now call the State of NH COVID-19 hotline by dialing 2-1-1.
For more information on Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the following:
For more information on unemployment benefits, please visit...https://www.nhes.nh.gov
For more information on small business support, please visit...https://www.nheconomy.com
AGAIN, NH Governor Sununu, the NH Department of Health& Human Services, and NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management have also mobilized 211NH to handle all COVID-19 related calls from NH residents.
https://www.shaheen.senate.gov or call 603-750-3004
https://www.hassan.senate.gov or call 603-622-2004
https://pappas.house.gov or call 603-285-4300