Voting Information


Registering To Vote

To find your voting location, look for your street in the wards here. The City Clerk has a master ward list. Because many streets are divided into two or more wards, it is important to check wardswith the City Clerk’s office at (603) 692-9511 or (603) 692-9512.

In order to register to vote in the City of Somersworth, a person must be 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States and a resident of Somersworth.

The applicant must present proof of citizenship, age and domicile. Residents may register to vote in the Office of the City Clerk during regular business hours. Residents may also register to vote at their polling place on election day and at any session of the Supervisors of the Checklist.

For any questions, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (603) 692-9511 or (603) 692-9512.



Voter Identification Law

During the 2012 legislative session, the legislature passed House Bill 1354, also known as the “Voter ID” Law. What this means for voters in the State of New Hampshire is that when you go to your polling place to vote on election day, you go to your polling place to vote on election day, you will need to show ID in order to vote.

The following are acceptable forms of ID:

  • Driver’s License issued by any State;
  • Non-Driver ID card issued by NH DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles);
  • U.S. Armed Services ID card;
  • U.S. Passport (even if expired);
  • Valid photo ID card issued by either the federal government or a state, county or municipal government;
  • Valid student ID card.

Any voter who does not present an approved photo ID will be permitted to vote after filling out a “challenged voter affidavit”.

A voter who does not have an approved photo ID may obtain a free photo ID for voting purposes only by presenting a voucher from the City Clerk or the Secretary of State to any NH DMV office that issues identification.

If you are registering to vote on election day and your ID does not have your current Somersworth address on it, you should bring a piece of mail.

If you have questions or concerns, you may contact the City Clerk at (603) 692-9511 or by email.